Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there is 0 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 50 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:00 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15557 messages in 1329 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!

Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT!

Post by L on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:10 pm

you want an idea of how to change the rule without getting rid of it? ok i got one. we have to post 3 times a week and if we do we get chat the next week and during the next week we post 3 times to get chat the week after that. or maybe you could make it more than 3 posts or something. but that way if we post we get chat like we normally would. because with the rule the way it is, even if we post, we dont get to have chat the whole week. we get it 3 days and dont get it 4 days. i dont think its the posts that people dont like, maybe its that EVEN IF WE POST WE DONT GET THE CHAT LIKE WE NORMALLY WOULD! basically we still get punished even if we do what you want us to so why should we post anyways? i post already though so dont think im making a big deal about the posts, i dont like the reward. if you all get what you want we should get what we want. not trying to sound selfish. and ive already made 4 posts this week, showing that i post and im not worried about not getting the chat. i just dont think members would like only having the chat 3 days a week so why not just give us the chat if we post? i think that would get rid of a lot of the arguments.

_________________

I miss Awakening....  He made this for me.  ^  Sad
avatar
L
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1808
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 21
Location : Nibiru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT!

Post by Evan on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:34 pm

A) Chat isn't active during the week anyways.

B) Why are you so passionate about this? Your a teenager. You should be chasing girls, not worrying about a forum chatbox.

C) J/s

_________________




Signature's courtesy of Jirachi and Qualna.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0fjvoWcANfq
avatar
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Posts : 1460
Join date : 2010-09-19
Age : 23
Location : South Cali Bitchez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT!

Post by L on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:47 pm

i just like the chat box and i dont want it to be gone 4 days a week even if i do post. and im being homeschooled so i might be on the site more then some people and i stay up late so i dont go outside very much sometimes. i like to play on the computer and this site is fun, thats why i come here. but i really like the chat and it might not be very fun having it taken away 4 days a week even if i do what you all want. so its not like im crying over this or something.

_________________

I miss Awakening....  He made this for me.  ^  Sad
avatar
L
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1808
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 21
Location : Nibiru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT!

Post by Zai on Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:00 pm


Well sense I am one of the many people who haven't said anything about this i might as well....

Removing the chat box isn't really going to get people to post on this forum really...

There are a few good things about it but i can not lie.Two it might increase post in this forum but not by a lot. Okay I lied they aren't a few good things about it, only one. However there is one important thing wrong with removing the chat, basically your going to be losing a few members and is that even worth it? You can convince them to post on the forum in some other way besides getting rid of the chat box. I'm not saying this because I'm on the chat box more then the forum, but you have to really think about a toll its going to take. Whats the point of having a forum if only four(random number) people are going to post in it and the rest left because they didn't want to feel like your forcing them to use the forum

But, hey if some one just wants to chat, who are you to stop them? I mean what are you going to do? Bann them for not posting on the forum? I know my words aren't really going to impact you but whatever idgaf.


Dont reply to me about this im not gonna look at it or care i was just saying .... sooooooooooooooooooooooo bye

Zai
War Veterans
War Veterans

Posts : 315
Join date : 2011-04-16
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT!

Post by Lynjabear on Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:18 pm

Reshiram wrote:you want an idea of how to change the rule without getting rid of it? ok i got one. we have to post 3 times a week and if we do we get chat the next week and during the next week we post 3 times to get chat the week after that. or maybe you could make it more than 3 posts or something. but that way if we post we get chat like we normally would. because with the rule the way it is, even if we post, we dont get to have chat the whole week. we get it 3 days and dont get it 4 days. i dont think its the posts that people dont like, maybe its that EVEN IF WE POST WE DONT GET THE CHAT LIKE WE NORMALLY WOULD! basically we still get punished even if we do what you want us to so why should we post anyways? i post already though so dont think im making a big deal about the posts, i dont like the reward. if you all get what you want we should get what we want. not trying to sound selfish. and ive already made 4 posts this week, showing that i post and im not worried about not getting the chat. i just dont think members would like only having the chat 3 days a week so why not just give us the chat if we post? i think that would get rid of a lot of the arguments.

I agree with Resh as in you should be able to earn the ability to go on chat for the next week instead of on the weekend. I don't exactly understand the rule entierly, but based on what I have read, it seem that you have the weekdays to post three times and get the weekends for posting. Maybe for every time you make a good post, you get a day. I am actually neutral for the rule, but if the mods think it's good for the site, I'm fine with it.
avatar
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Posts : 1131
Join date : 2011-02-28
Age : 20
Location : Imaginationland

View user profile http:// [scroll][img]http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT!

Post by Kuroikkakujuu on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:57 am

buckthefuffalo wrote:
Kuroikkakujuu wrote:What about the members like me? I post when I find a reason to. Doesn't mean I want to post 3 times a week. Also, some of us have lives on the weekends. Like this past weekend. I was out loading, stacking, reloading, and restacking hay. Other people go out of town, hang out with friends, etc. You guys are trying to kill the forum this way. With school starting, the forum was going to start becoming unactive already, and then this rule is thrown out. I understand that the authors are trying to revive the site as a forum, not a chat. But this isn't the way to do it.

We are not trying to kill the forum. We're trying to revive it because few members hardly ever post when this is a forum.

And whether or not you have a "life" on the weekend is irrelevant. You have the entire week to make 3 posts so that you can have chat on the weekend. If you don't have time to come on chat during the weekend, it isn't our fault. We don't expect this rule to please everyone or meet everyone's needs. In this situation, that's virtually impossible.

Something I'd like to ask you though: You feel that this isn't the way to go about it. What would you suggest? Honestly.

I already told a few of you what I would do. But I was turned down for "bashing". And I'm getting to the point that I don't care either way. Seeing as how a few (not naming) people have been talking about me.

In all honesty, I would try making this a multi-topic forum. It would be more interesting. The chat would be optional. But as Anubis said, I am also looking at just simply leaving. Not because of the lack of liking the site, but because I haven't liked the way it's been going. And it's not getting better.
avatar
Kuroikkakujuu
Member
Member

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-04-29
Age : 20
Location : Wyoming

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT!

Post by buckthefuffalo on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:27 pm

Kuroikkakujuu wrote:I already told a few of you what I would do. But I was turned down for "bashing". And I'm getting to the point that I don't care either way. Seeing as how a few (not naming) people have been talking about me.

In all honesty, I would try making this a multi-topic forum. It would be more interesting. The chat would be optional. But as Anubis said, I am also looking at just simply leaving. Not because of the lack of liking the site, but because I haven't liked the way it's been going. And it's not getting better.

Actually, if I recall, what you said was in regards to staff management, and had nothing to do with the topic at hand. Remind and correct me if I'm wrong, as I seem to have a foggy memory when it comes to lots of things.

And when you say "multi-topic", do you mean to ditch the Pokemon theme and to go to something more general? Because that isn't going to happen anytime soon. You can go on with the rant you did that one night in chat about how Pokemon isn't cool and all that jazz, but the theme of this site sure as hell isn't changing.

_________________


Sig made by an alpaca.

Amoongus OP
avatar
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Posts : 930
Join date : 2011-03-25
Age : 22
Location : I'm sexier than Aizen.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT!

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:02 pm

Kuroikkakujuu wrote:What about the members like me? I post when I find a reason to. Doesn't mean I want to post 3 times a week. Also, some of us have lives on the weekends. Like this past weekend. I was out loading, stacking, reloading, and restacking hay. Other people go out of town, hang out with friends, etc. You guys are trying to kill the forum this way. With school starting, the forum was going to start becoming unactive already, and then this rule is thrown out. I understand that the admins are trying to revive the site as a forum, not a chat. But this isn't the way to do it.

What about members like you? You don't even post at all! The last time you posted ( not including this one ) was Aug 2. "I post when I find a reason to. Doesn't mean I want to post 3 times a week" I bet you don't even bothering looking at the threads or topics and I bet if no one told you about this topic, you wouldn't have posted either. Lets face it, you just come in to chat. So I don't know why your saying you post when you find a reason to or that doesn't mean you want to post 3 times a week.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT!

Post by Kuroikkakujuu on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:40 pm

Leo wrote:What about members like you? You don't even post at all! The last time you posted ( not including this one ) was Aug 2. "I post when I find a reason to. Doesn't mean I want to post 3 times a week" I bet you don't even bothering looking at the threads or topics and I bet if no one told you about this topic, you wouldn't have posted either. Lets face it, you just come in to chat. So I don't know why your saying you post when you find a reason to or that doesn't mean you want to post 3 times a week.

I look at the Topics most everyday. I don't post because more then half the time, I could care less. I found this topic on my own, It's not hard. Bright red/orange letter at the top of the page? And so what if I come in to chat? Taking away the chat is taking away one more person who might post.
avatar
Kuroikkakujuu
Member
Member

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-04-29
Age : 20
Location : Wyoming

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT!

Post by Kuroikkakujuu on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:50 pm

buckthefuffalo wrote: Actually, if I recall, what you said was in regards to staff management, and had nothing to do with the topic at hand. Remind and correct me if I'm wrong, as I seem to have a foggy memory when it comes to lots of things.

And when you say "multi-topic", do you mean to ditch the Pokemon theme and to go to something more general? Because that isn't going to happen anytime soon. You can go on with the rant you did that one night in chat about how Pokemon isn't cool and all that jazz, but the theme of this site sure as hell isn't changing.

Being gone more then half the time, I'm not surprised that you weren't here when I gave my thought on how to make the forum more active. And everyone that was there said I was "trying to make the site unfriendly".

I said nothing of ditching pokemon. The pokemon theme is completely fine. By taking on a multiple topic forum, there would be say (in example) Pokemon, games, reviews, life, anime, etc.

I wasn't saying that pokemon wasn't cool. I was saying that you have to look at how other people view it. If Selena Gomez, Rhianna, Linkin Park, and Skillet said that breathing wasn't cool, 86% of the people in the world would try to stop breath. My point during that discussion wasn't that what you guys like wasn't cool, it was that other people don't find it to be.

In Japan, pokemon is huge. People don't look down on others for watching, battling, and trading. However, in NA and BI, if you're 23, still talking about pokemon (not with children) then you are looked down upon. Thank society for that.
avatar
Kuroikkakujuu
Member
Member

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-04-29
Age : 20
Location : Wyoming

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT!

Post by buckthefuffalo on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:56 pm

Kuroikkakujuu wrote:Being gone more then half the time, I'm not surprised that you weren't here when I gave my thought on how to make the forum more active. And everyone that was there said I was "trying to make the site unfriendly".

I said nothing of ditching pokemon. The pokemon theme is completely fine. By taking on a multiple topic forum, there would be say (in example) Pokemon, games, reviews, life, anime, etc.

I wasn't saying that pokemon wasn't cool. I was saying that you have to look at how other people view it. If Selena Gomez, Rhianna, Linkin Park, and Skillet said that breathing wasn't cool, 86% of the people in the world would try to stop breath. My point during that discussion wasn't that what you guys like wasn't cool, it was that other people don't find it to be.

In Japan, pokemon is huge. People don't look down on others for watching, battling, and trading. However, in NA and BI, if you're 23, still talking about pokemon (not with children) then you are looked down upon. Thank society for that.

That's funny. I've been quite active lately after school is over. Maybe it's because of different timezones?

And we actually have more than half the things you mentioned for your multi-topic idea. Anime, games, real life problems, they're all there for you to post about in specific sections of the forum. A review for something could easily go into GD, but I'll try not to split hairs here.

And if those people said not to do something, I doubt such a high number of people wouldn't do it. Teenagers/tweens, maybe (and even that's stretching it), but not everyone.

_________________


Sig made by an alpaca.

Amoongus OP
avatar
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Posts : 930
Join date : 2011-03-25
Age : 22
Location : I'm sexier than Aizen.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT!

Post by AbsoulAwaken on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:52 pm

I've changed my mind about this.
I agree.
I really think that 3 posts a week is not a big deal, as long as they don't need to be super long, super complex posts. Razz
I'll go in and go along with it for the time being. You guys know what you are doing, so I may as well follow along.
I thought it over and it's not as big of a deal as some are making it out to be.
So thanks.
avatar
AbsoulAwaken
Devoted Shadow
Devoted Shadow

Posts : 71
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 21
Location : Pokemon Tower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT!

Post by Evo on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:01 am

AbsoulAwaken wrote:I've changed my mind about this.
I agree.
I really think that 3 posts a week is not a big deal, as long as they don't need to be super long, super complex posts. Razz
I'll go in and go along with it for the time being. You guys know what you are doing, so I may as well follow along.
I thought it over and it's not as big of a deal as some are making it out to be.
So thanks.

I agree with this. I thought it was bad at first but it's not that hard to post.

avatar
Evo
Devoted Shadow
Devoted Shadow

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-12-21
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT!

Post by Aaron on Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:56 pm

Yeah. It takes maybe five minutes at most to find some good "Latest Topics". If all you care about is the Chat, go to Serebii. But rest assured: you will not find the personal intimacy you find here.

_________________

[16:23:06] L : I can spell and type better than you.

EL GANADOR DEL TORNEO ES : [Brotherhood]Zero

¡Felicidades, [Brotherhood]Zero, por ganar el torneo!


Recibes 150 Pokedólares por haber ganado el torneo
avatar
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Posts : 2087
Join date : 2010-09-26
Age : 22
Location : Central Cali Bitchez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Activity + Chatbox IMPORTANT!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum