Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 50 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:00 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15557 messages in 1329 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!

Blackest Sunset

Go down

Blackest Sunset

Post by Qualna on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:25 pm

This is a rather twisted short story based on a very vivid dream I had. Enjoy.

There once was a small town, a town by the name of Elderstien. In this quiet place, nothing of significant interest usually ever happens. However in this town there lived a teenager by the name of LeVhan. LeVhan was just as ordinary as the town, a boy of pure averageness. To be quaint, this town and the lives inhabiting it were locked in a boring doldrum, but that was soon about to change the day LeVhan decides to escape his usual, safe, routine.

It was just another day at high school, LeVhan was sitting in his English class, writing a composition about an assigned topic. "Ugh, I always write about the same thing," LeVhan thought. "It's always the same kind of topic... I can't ever find something I can truly put pride and effort into writing about. Nothing extraordinary. In fact, it's been like this for eighteen years." LeVhan gritted his teeth and strained his way into completing his assignment. The bell soon rang, signifying it was time for the students to go to lunch. Not feeling particularly hungry, LeVhan went upstairs instead of the cafeteria to have some time to himself to think. As he sat down by the lockers, LeVhan saw a student being attacked by a larger student. LeVhan was rather stunned; he never encountered an actual bullying situation, so he hesitated trying to help. Ultimately, LeVhan decided not to intervene and waited until the bully left. LeVhan walked over to the victim. "Are you... alright?" He asked. The student didn't look up and simply picked up his books and got up to walk away. LeVhan, intrigued by this sudden event of interest asked, "Why did he pick on you?" The student turned around and looked at LeVhan. "Because I'm different." LeVhan was fascinated by his answer. "Everyone's different in their own way," LeVhan replied. The boy stood silent and looked down. "I'm not from around here," he said. "I don't have any friends." Seeing as he was this far into the conversation, LeVhan reassured the student. "My name's LeVhan. I'll be your friend. What's your name?" "...Simon," the student responded, seeming a little less depressed. The school bell rang once more and it was now time for the students to return home. "Well, I'll see you around, Simon," LeVhan said as he waved goodbye and went to his car. LeVhan drove to his house, and made his way inside. LeVhan was now alone; his parents had recently passed away a week earlier in a mysterious accident. LeVhan made his dinner and went off to bed. It was strange, he seemed to have trouble sleeping. He lied in bed awake, and slowly the hours passed by. Soon it became pitch-dark and LeVhan still could not sleep. A sudden sensation of anxiety crept on him, and the room began to feel colder. A peculiar shadow appeared in the room and LeVhan was overcome with a state of fear. His throat began to hurt as if he were being strangled, and his back felt like it was being carved with a knife. LeVhan soon passed out from the pain and woke up in the morning. "Was it all just a dream?" He thought. "It couldn't be... I still feel the pain." LeVhan met up with Simon at school and they talked. They got along quite well, as they had quite a few things in common. Another tedious day at school made LeVhan almost forget what happened that night. After school Simon invited LeVhan over to his house to show him around. LeVhan, agreed and came over. "I want you to meet my parents, LeVhan. They aren't very talkative, but they're really nice," Simon spoke. They both headed upstairs and Simon opened the door to his parents' room. The following moment would traumatize LeVhan for the rest of his life. Simon's parents were two rotting, disfigured corpses in a bed. "Mom. Dad. This is LeVhan. LeVhan, meet my parents." LeVhan was in a near state of panic, but tried to pull himself together. "H-h-hello... Simon's parents." Simon then showed LeVhan his room. "Pretty cool, huh?" Simon asked. "Cool" was not exactly the word LeVhan had in mind, as Simon's room was filled with the most grim and demonic decor he had ever seen in his life. Simon turned on the TV and tuned into the news. The story showed that a man had murdered his entire family and committed suicide. Apparently he had gone insane, grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed his wife seven times and ran a lawn mower over her. Then he grabbed a hammer and bludgeoned his only son and cut out his heart. Finally the man slit his wrists, pulled out his own nails and left eye, and put himself into the bathtub. With his final motion, he wrote with his own blood on the wall: "THEY MADE ME DO IT." LeVhan recognized the face of the victim's son, it was the bully that had picked on Simon the other day. Simon spoke in a monotonous tone, "Bad things happen to bad people..." LeVhan could not believe it, he had befriended a psychopath.

LeVhan returned home in utter fear, not only in fear of his friend, but in fear that tonight he'd experience the same thing he did the night before. He decided to call the local reverend, Father Donahue in hopes that his blessing would get him through this troubling time. The pastor agreed to come over and perform a blessing on the house the following day. That night LeVhan had trouble sleeping again, and after it became pitch-black the same feeling of anxiety and coldness began to develop again. The shadowy figure slowly formed, yet this time it seemed eerily familiar. The figure was still faceless, however the shape seemed reminiscent of something from LeVhan's past. That didn't matter though, as LeVhan felt strangled again and excruciating pain spread throughout his body. Soon LeVhan passed out as he did before and woke up once again in the morning. He worked his way through his morning routine and turned on the television. In the news it had been reported that a reverend had died in his own home last night. The cause of death was unknown, all that the police found was the body with the face sliced off. LeVhan was frightened. "Did... Simon do this? I can't be around him anymore, but I can't upset him... otherwise..." Life was no longer safe for LeVhan, yet he didn't know what to do. LeVhan wanted to just escape from the town, drive far away and start a new life elsewhere. So he got into his car and just drove. After finding out that LeVhan was missing from school, the police was informed and sent in to find him. It seemed that everything was out to get LeVhan, and he had nowhere to go. The police eventually caught up to LeVhan by an abandoned house, accompanied with them was Simon. "Please find my friend," He said. " He's not feeling well." LeVhan went up to the top floor, and climbed into the attic. He was afraid not knowing what to do anymore. An officer made his way into the house and followed him. "Son, you need to come with us," the officer said. "You don't understand," LeVhan clamored. "That boy... he's crazy. You just have to believe me. I can't stay here." "Just come with me, and we'll get you home," the officer responded, unconvinced. There was no turning back now. If LeVhan complied, he was certain he'd spend the rest of his life in terror. That was not an option for him. LeVhan jumped through the attic window and fell onto a pile of sharp, broken metal and was skewered in all his major organs. His body was punctured and pierced, and he felt his vision going dim. LeVhan laid there, writhing in pain until a slow death swept him into his final slumber. Simon smiled. At last, he had a friend that would never leave him.

Author's note: Now I know this isn't my best work, and I did leave quite a bit of loose ends, but like I said, it's based off a dream, and dreams are often illogical.
Qualna
War Veterans
War Veterans

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/acheronpride

Back to top Go down

Re: Blackest Sunset

Post by Safiliwen on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Pretty nice and inclusion of semi paragraphs pleases the grammar gods we're slowly getting there =p

i'm a gay retard hurr durr
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:28 pm

Ah, a good old fashioned psycho story. You are a great author. I always shake of excitement when I read things like this, and this was pretty great. I didn't understand the part about the man killing his family. What made him go insane? What did that have to do with Simon being a psychopath? Did Simon send a demon over the man or something?

All in all, you have some batshit crazy dreams, dude.

[16:23:06] L : I can spell and type better than you.

EL GANADOR DEL TORNEO ES : [Brotherhood]Zero

¡Felicidades, [Brotherhood]Zero, por ganar el torneo!

Recibes 150 Pokedólares por haber ganado el torneo
Aaron
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna on Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:48 pm

Korasi wrote:Ah, a good old fashioned psycho story. You are a great author. I always shake of excitement when I read things like this, and this was pretty great. I didn't understand the part about the man killing his family. What made him go insane? What did that have to do with Simon being a psychopath? Did Simon send a demon over the man or something?

Explanations:

In my dream, Simon is a practitioner of "black magic" so to speak. He turned his bully's father insane through a voodoo curse. The shadowy figure attacking LeVhan was actually the ghost of his father trying to warn him, as spirits just can't materialize and speak to you. Most ghosts are reported to be faceless and only recognizable by the shape of their bodies. The priest dying was more of me using a writing tool. When a member of the clergy just offs mysteriously like that, the reader will get the sense that there are indeed demons at work. I will admit I rushed the ending a bit since I couldn't remember all the details of my dream and the fact that I lost interest in writing this story after an hour into it or so.
Qualna
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:17 pm

Qualna wrote:
Korasi wrote:Ah, a good old fashioned psycho story. You are a great author. I always shake of excitement when I read things like this, and this was pretty great. I didn't understand the part about the man killing his family. What made him go insane? What did that have to do with Simon being a psychopath? Did Simon send a demon over the man or something?

Explanations:

In my dream, Simon is a practitioner of "black magic" so to speak. He turned his bully's father insane through a voodoo curse. The shadowy figure attacking LeVhan was actually the ghost of his father trying to warn him, as spirits just can't materialize and speak to you. Most ghosts are reported to be faceless and only recognizable by the shape of their bodies. The priest dying was more of me using a writing tool. When a member of the clergy just offs mysteriously like that, the reader will get the sense that there are indeed demons at work. I will admit I rushed the ending a bit since I couldn't remember all the details of my dream and the fact that I lost interest in writing this story after an hour into it or so.

I figured that last part out. I find it ironic that the event that would scar LeVhan for the rest of his life actually only had the chance to scar him for like a day.

Aaron
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna on Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:35 pm

I merely said that as to not arouse the idea that LeVhan would commit suicide in the end. Did it work?

War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan on Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:51 am

It did. And I liked how you made the story seem almost dull at the beginning. Then you throw two rotting corpses into the beds and give everyone a mindfuck.

Signature's courtesy of Jirachi and Qualna.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0fjvoWcANfq
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron on Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:50 am

Yuuuuuup.

Aaron
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down