Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there is 0 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 50 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:00 pm
Latest topics
» I am the best waifu.
Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

» y helo, it is i, tito
Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:51 pm by Luck

» Hello It's Me
Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:50 pm by Luck

» The Missing Constellation
Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:07 am by Frashu

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15553 messages in 1329 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!

Mono Steel: havent i posted this once?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mono Steel: havent i posted this once?

Post by samurott on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:17 pm

Kingdom Key (Klefki) (F) @ Big Root
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Torment
- Spikes
No STAB? WAAATT!? easy there, its a fairy, i made it to help my team, and be annoying as sin.

Simon Belmont (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 96 HP / 160 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Worry Seed
its a ferrothorn. they wall physical pokes....not much to see here.

Kusanagi (Aegislash) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Stance Change
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
why hello most broken thing since Choice Scarf Terrakion! basically, i went for the standard array.

Infernus (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

(Mawile) (M) @ Mawilite
Trait: Intimidate
- Brick Break
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch
- Fire fang
now i hear people use hidden power ice for ground moves, but i wanted to try a dual STAB set...bite me.

Skarmory (F) @ Occa Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
no.....whirlwind!? WTF! yes, i know. please DO NOT bring it to my attention. THIS WAS ON PURPOSE...people on showdown bug me about it constantly. again, experimenting!
samurott
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mono Steel: havent i posted this once?

Post by Awakening on Sun May 04, 2014 12:47 am

Simon Belmont (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 96 HP / 160 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Worry Seed
its a ferrothorn. they wall physical pokes....not much to see here.

I'm questioning the Protect and Worry seed here. Worry Seed I can see maybe working out as a surprise gimmick, but for purposes other than scouting that you don't really need, Protect should be used with Toxic or Leech Seed. Ferrothorn has a lot of things it can do, but a Protect without a purpose doesn't really help it out much.

(Mawile) (M) @ Mawilite
Trait: Intimidate
- Brick Break
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch
- Fire fang
now i hear people use hidden power ice for ground moves, but i wanted to try a dual STAB set...bite me.

Dual STAB implies Play Rough + Iron Head but yeah... I don't see why Brick Break is there when you have Fire Fang to deal with Steel types. The only thing I see it for is Heatran and Heatran will knock you with that better base speed, unless you got a really nice sense of prediction. I'd switch that with Sucker Punch or Iron Head. Swords Dance if you want a set up strategy.

I'd also change the Occa Berry for Leftovers, really. Skarmory doesn't want any fire near it without the Sp. Def investment (which would be a bad idea by the way probably!). If you get some Stealth Rocks on your side Sturdy will break, but Leftovers can get you get it back with some good prediction switches.

Those are the biggest things glaring at me, so tell me if you try any of that out! c:

[Shop][Gym]

overcome that bleak future beyond the trashcan by getting a fire power
taking you along, we continue to run towards the frontier full of roads

Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocks Leader on Tue May 06, 2014 9:11 pm

I agree with Awake. Leech Seed over Worry Seed so you don't have double status on a wall. Really questioning the Heatran set. It's kinda monotonous and doesn't provide the hitting power that the Modest nature implies you're seeking. I would probably go for Specs on Heatran and run Fire Blast/Flamethrower, Earth Power, Dragon Pulse, and HP Ice unless you're insistent upon using Flash Cannon.

As it was proven to me, Mixed Attacker Aegislash is very very standard and is probably the greatest offensive pivot in the game. Shadow Ball, King's Shield, Sacred Sword, Shadow Sneak with 252 Sp.A and 252 HP with 0 Speed EVs, if you're interested.

Since you're using Big Root (?) for some reason, I'd suggest Switcheroo on Klefki to obtain your opponent's precious item so that your little stall war involving Ferrothorn will be more short-lived. Also, please explain why it has Special Attack EVs when its only damaging move is Foul Play, when it could have 252 in HP or something?

Take your Mawile set. Take it and burn it. Mawile goes squish whenever it gets hit. To remedy this, you need to have predicting power and/or the ability to rid yourself of whatever is threatening it. Your set really lends itself to neither of those. This Mawile is just going to go in and die. First thing's first: ALWAYS 252 HP on Mawile. Speed is a useless investment, Special Attack is a useless investment, and alone (without HP investment), Defence and Special Defence are useless. 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Defence/Special Defence. That's it. Second of all, your set, whilst providing impressive coverage, is going to do nothing in the world of ridding yourself of pesky opponents. Sucker Punch is a must on this thing. Huge Power in addition to your already high Attack stat versus a frail opponent is going to be a slaughter, and unboosted Sucker Punch can dent most everything. +4 Sucker Punch OHKOs Lead Heatran. Play Rough is excellent. It's ridiculously strong. End of story. Your last two slots are up to you. Standard is Swords Dance and Iron Head, but I prefer Substitute and Swords Dance so that you can Sub on the switch and hit for free with Sucker Punch the next turn. Do whatever you want, it's your team.

And lastly, Occa Berry gets swapped for either Leftovers or Shed Shell. Let me know if you have any questions or how these suggestions work out for you!
Cocks Leader
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by samurott on Tue May 06, 2014 9:33 pm

okay, first of all, i derped hard on Klefki, and changed the set, but clearly i missed a few things, its supposed to support the rest of the team, and kill any dragon type (when foul play hits garchomp, i PROMISE it hurts.) Ferrothorn was an expieriment, and its iffy, its VERY enemy team based, sometimes it helps, other times it doesnt. i put Occa on Skarm for the fact that fire type moves make it land, cripple, die, and burn for eternity...now on the topic of Aegislash, i dont like the idea of mixed, and Swords Dance Aegislash works well. and why Ferro has Protect, is that i can bait opponents into using a fire move, protect it, they'll use it again, and i switch to Heatran. on Mawile, i have to admit, i fucked that up now that i look at it, sucker punch IS in fact, totally neccisary. now with Heatran, i wanted to have him actually survive more than one turn, since earth quake is put on every thing in the 9 hells!...hence why Air Balloon.
samurott
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top