Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there is 0 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 50 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:00 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15557 messages in 1329 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!

Pokemon WiiU?

Go down

Pokemon WiiU?

Post by WINTERFRESH on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:09 pm

Speculation thread-

So MNN just posted this: http://mynintendonews.com/2012/12/24/gamefreak-says-pokemon-will-evolve-in-2013/
If you're too lazy to open the link the article says this:

"Japanese publication Nintendo Dream has received a Christmas greetings card from the developers behind Pokemon, GameFreak. The greeting card doesn’t really contain any exciting information, except that the development team says it’s looking to evolve the Pokemon franchise during 2013."

What do you guys think GameFreak meant by this? I may be a dreamer but I think they are talking about bringing the series to WiiU. They could do a lot of really cool stuff with pokemon on WiiU.

Like these type of things:

1. Bring pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow to WiiU eshop.
2. Make a "main series" game for WiiU
3. Bring Black/White & Black/White 2 over to WiiU.

Anyways, I'm really interested in what you guys think. :3
Oh and Merry Christmas guys.
WINTERFRESH
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pokemon WiiU?

Post by Frashu on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:42 pm

I really hope they make a main series game for the Wii U. It could prove to be pretty interesting.

saggot toss anchuro

Frashu's theme: http://vocaroo.com/i/s08FyHGN0e83

copyright gary saulman
Frashu
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChronoDuck on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:33 am

I dont think they will make a main series for the wii u.... They might but it wont have new pokemon....maybe the ruby sapphire remake?

The only reason I would say it would be a bad idea is if people don't have a wii u... but have a ds they arent going to spend £330... that would be one expensive pokemon game.

ChronoDuck
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo on Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:05 pm

Older games in the series will inevitably reach the 3DS' E-Shop. However, games like Pokemon Colosseum and XD may be eventually placed on the WiiUShop. I don't see B2/W2 getting a release on WiiU either since they would pretty much have to build it back from the ground up, and many already have the DS versions.

A main series game would break tradition, but I don't think it's completely outside the realm of possibility. At the very least I think we'll get another Stadium-esque game and filler like Pokepark or maybe even Mystery Dungeon. Another game similar to Colosseum and XD would be great but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Sig made by an alpaca.

Amoongus OP
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:16 pm

Well, I don't see them migrating away from their best selling console of all time (the DS series). Aside from the fact that the DS is portable (in-your-pocket), it also offers a nice little interface that's just you and the game. You don't need a TV or anything to play with your DS that'll broadcast it to everyone. I, personally, think that the Wii U(s) are neat. Unfortunately, I'd rather not spend a fuckload of money on something that I'm not going to use a whole lot. Seeing as the Therians are only unlockable via Dream Radar, I may have to pick up a 3DS. Unfortunately, I believe that is a serious rat-fuck from Nintendo, as kids who don't have a 3DS are going to want the Therians. It's a cheap marketing trick.
And SPEAKING of cheap marketing tricks.
I personally believe that they're going to come out with a secondary (as opposed to primary [Red, Blue, Ruby, Silver, Pearl, and White]) game for the Wii U.
What will this look like? Well, what did Colosseum and Battle Revolution and Gale of Darkness and all of that other shit look like? The reason I believe this is that at this point in time, the last game of its kind was Battle Revolution in 2009. I enjoyed Battle Revolution, but the gameplay just wasn't as globally engrossing as the primary games. I believe that Nintendo is going to make a 5th Generation equivalent of Battle Revolution. Why? Because they're marketing a brand-new product. What's a better addition to a more-or-less new primary game (since Black and White 2 had close to nothing to do with Black and White) than a 3-dimensional reinterpretation of every Pokemon?
Comments? Thoughts?

[16:23:06] L : I can spell and type better than you.

EL GANADOR DEL TORNEO ES : [Brotherhood]Zero

¡Felicidades, [Brotherhood]Zero, por ganar el torneo!

Recibes 150 Pokedólares por haber ganado el torneo
Aaron
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:41 pm

"Unfortunately, I believe that is a serious rat-fuck from Nintendo, as kids who don't have a 3DS are going to want the Therians. It's a cheap marketing trick."

No shit that's how companies make money look at Sony and Microsoft they're all guilty of it cuz that's how businesses work. On the topic I think maybe a Stadium esque game. They already stated BW2 were going to be the last 2D games so the mainstay games I think will be shifting to the 3DS for 6th gen etc.

i'm a gay retard hurr durr
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:53 pm

Also, you act like Coliseum and XD were bad. Those games were fucking awesome. I wouldn't buy a WiiU for them, but I thought it was really cool how you could get Lugia, Ho-Oh, and Jirachi through those. And while that additionally was a marketing trick, it was relatively cheap. I'll agree that Battle Revolution was shitty though.

mad shit.

Signature's courtesy of Jirachi and Qualna.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0fjvoWcANfq
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:38 am

I liked Colosseum. I just don't agree with the marketing tricks that they're using. Especially when you can't complete the Dex without it (if you don't have anyone to trade with). So yeah.

Aaron
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChronoDuck on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:51 am

I don't mind if they make a Colosseum kinda Game, but they need to get rid of that Snag shenanigans, it is the only thing that really pissed me off with the whole game...

If they did make Black 3 and White 3 I would be expecting a 3D kinda world, and maybe they should have the ability to battle ds(es)('s)(i)(?)?

on another note, I always thought a tournament kinda game would be cool, like wifi tournament but built into a game? if ya get me?
ChronoDuck
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:31 pm

Korasi wrote:I liked Colosseum. I just don't agree with the marketing tricks that they're using. Especially when you can't complete the Dex without it (if you don't have anyone to trade with). So yeah.

But that's been the entire point of Pokemon since the beginning. You find others to trade with so you can get Pokemon exclusive to one version and complete the dex. Cooperation like that is huge in Japan (I'd imagine people buying both versions to trade on their own is rarer) and a major reason the first generation of games sold well. It's not even a trick anymore. It's a series staple. If they didn't do it, there wouldn't be any incentive to get one version over the other. There probably wouldn't even be two versions, and the games would most likely sell less as a result.

If we're still on about the Therians, I believe you can still get 100% Pokedex completion without them since they're just forms. I don't think anyone expects the Dream Radar to sell consoles since it's an app, and buying a 3DS just for it is a bad decision. It'd be like buying an iPhone just for Angry Birds. You aren't getting rat-fucked, you just aren't interested in the 3DS as a whole.

ChronoDuck wrote: don't mind if they make a Colosseum kinda Game, but they need to get rid of that Snag shenanigans, it is the only thing that really pissed me off with the whole game...

If they did make Black 3 and White 3 I would be expecting a 3D kinda world, and maybe they should have the ability to battle ds(es)('s)(i)(?)?

on another note, I always thought a tournament kinda game would be cool, like wifi tournament but built into a game? if ya get me?

I think XD was a step in the right direction, at least, since it offered a few wild Pokemon and trades too. Granted, the name of the game was still snagging critters, but I always liked it because it was a new idea that didn't completely abandon the series's roots. Different strokes though.

I could definitely see a wifi tournament mode for the next Stadium/Revolution if they make one. I probably wouldn't want a whole game for it, but it'd be a really nice feature.

Sig made by an alpaca.

Amoongus OP
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:10 pm

I understand that the whole point of the series was to get your friends to trade and do fun stuff with you. But we're talking about system exclusives. It's not like Lugia trading to Gold and Ho-Oh to Silver. It's a matter of a completely different system. Also, how do you get Thund/Torna/Lando in the new games? I can't find them/

Aaron
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:42 am

first, you must count the amount of hairs on a donkey's ass.

Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChronoDuck on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:43 am

Evan you sir... are going places.

ChronoDuck
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:40 pm

Evan wrote:first, you must count the amount of hairs on a donkey's ass.

Alright, dude. Bend over and spread.

Aaron
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frashu on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:58 pm

Considering they haven't made a Stadium game yet for Gen 5, (they've done it for every other gen) I'm going to assume it'll be a Stadium Game.

I just hope it's going to be like XD and Colosseum and not like PBR. PBR was just not as good compared to those 2.

saggot toss anchuro

copyright gary saulman
Frashu
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:07 pm

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, Flash. I completely forgot about Stadium! I loved that game. XD
But yeah. They need a Stadium game for Gen 5, is what I was getting at. Also, if the series is - in fact - completed, they need another one of those Snap games. That was kinda cool.

Aaron
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChronoDuck on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:18 am

PBR cant compare too XD and Colosseum because those are two different areas... PBR can compare to Stadium 1 and 2. Which I think PBR wasn't close to reaching stadium 2... they didn't have any minigames where you play with your pokemon...which i found sad....

so yes lets hope for another SNAG game.... I thought it was an okay touch... but the Colosseum hero was 100X cooler than the XD hero Razz
ChronoDuck
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WINTERFRESH on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:51 pm

/late

Okay I understand why you guys would think it could be another stadium game but that wouldn't really be "evolving the series" since they've done that a few times before.

However this was just a christmas note, it could just be a new eshop game for all we know.
WINTERFRESH
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frashu on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:23 pm

I guess you might have a point there. Perhaps it could be a huge improvement to the Pokemon series starting with a Stadium game? Hopefully it's a big change.

saggot toss anchuro

copyright gary saulman
Frashu
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:44 am

i just want a new XD or Coliseum.

don't mean i'm gun buy wiiu

shits a waste

Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:19 pm

Yeah, Flash. That's what I figured. And yes, the Wii U is a huge waste of fucking money. Go buy your girlfriend something nice with that $200.

Aaron
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phanpy7266 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:46 am

I, personally, think they might bring back Pokemon Snap. In one of the episodes of the anime, Ash meets a guy named Robert, who takes pictures of Pokemon. This would be really cool (since it's WiiU exclusive) and they could add a nice touch using the gamepad as a camera. Also, in this discussion you guys forgot about the gamepad!
Phanpy7266
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:19 pm

The gamepad can go touch itself. Get it? Touch? No? Oh.
Anyway, I agree that they should bring back Snap. I posted about it like a week ago, and I stand by my decision that realistic graphics and 3-dimensional models would be a perfect asset to the Pokemon franchise.

Aaron
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down