Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 50 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:00 pm
Latest topics
» I am the best waifu.
Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

» y helo, it is i, tito
Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:51 pm by Luck

» Hello It's Me
Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:50 pm by Luck

» The Missing Constellation
Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:07 am by Frashu

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15553 messages in 1329 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!

December 21st 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down

December 21st 2012

Post by iLeo on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:43 pm

So this rumor has been around since 2007(I think). Its been 5 years now since all this crazy talk has started. So the question is.... do you think the world is going to end? I don't think so. I find it amusing how people will listen to lies than what the bible says.

But, the planets are going to align together around that time which will cause natural disasters. But we're certainly not going to die.

iLeo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December 21st 2012

Post by Cocks Leader on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:26 pm

How will that cause natural disasters? I don't see any connection. And no. The Bible states that the rapture will happen during a time when the world is under extreme distress. A loaf of bread will cost a year's earnings (inflation, anyone?). Natural disasters will ravage the Earth (Hurricane Katrina, anyone?). The Antichrist must have been born (Justin Bieber, anyone?).
Cocks Leader
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:39 pm

lulz were had.

And lolheretics.

Signature's courtesy of Jirachi and Qualna.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0fjvoWcANfq
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frashu on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:39 pm

Nah, it's pretty much just a guy getting some kind of superstition.

saggot toss anchuro

Frashu's theme: http://vocaroo.com/i/s08FyHGN0e83

copyright gary saulman
Frashu
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocks Leader on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:40 pm

Exactly. Kind of like that stupid shit last year. I was at a concert and a friend was like "Fuck, dude. The world is ending outside. Can't you hear a fissure opening up to swallow this building?"
Cocks Leader
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:28 am

If natural disasters arise then people will almost surely die, because natural disasters are highly dangerous and deadly. Also destructive. But the chance of the world ending because of some earthquakes and hurricanes is pretty low. The only way I could see another planet causing the world to end is if Nibiru is real and heading this way. In which case, send every fucking nuke in the world up after it. :3

I miss Awakening....  He made this for me.  ^  Sad
L
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iLeo on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:06 am

Korasi wrote:[b][color=cyan]How will that cause natural disasters?
You should read and get yourself educated.
iLeo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luck on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:18 am

Here's the theory, the mayans predicted it would end 2012, but they didn't count leap years, so if it would have ended, it would've ended earlier than 2012, because count up all the leap years from year 1.
Luck
War Veterans
War Veterans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:24 pm

Actually, retards don't know what the fuck the mayans predicted because they are retarded. They predicted it would end....some time....but no one actually knows for sure WHEN they predicted it would end. iirc this conspiracy has come up on multiple years, I think 2008 and 2002 as well. Not sure what years exactly. =/

They don't even know for sure what the mayan calender says or stands for. Why does it have to be a calender to the end of the world? Maybe it's so something else. Maybe it's to the date aliens will make contact with us again!(Come the fuck on, we all know the pyramids in the world weren't built by un-advanced people alone. No matter how many of them there were.)

I really like this kind of stuff and research it and watch stuff about it on TV a lot....that's why I'm talkative about it and know a bit about it.

L
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:02 pm

iLeo wrote:

Yeah, when someone asks you why something will happen when you bring it up in an argument, it's only sensible to tell them to read and get educated, rather than actually explain yourself. Good call. Maybe you're just parroting the ideas of others, I don't know.

But yeah, it's been confirmed that no planetary alignment will occur in 2012, and that no danger will come either.

Did you know that we had a planetary alignment in the late 1970s? It was calculated and predicted using orbital mechanics all the way back in 1966. It served no danger, and was actually beneficial to us because we were able to send spacecraft to take a tour of the planets and get data on a scale the likes of which has never been replicated. This, however, was for only about half of the planets, but wait, there's more!

In 1982, we had an alignment of all eight planets (Pluto too, but it's not considered a planet now), and guess what happened? Nothing. In 1962, five planets aligned and there was an eclipse of the sun. Nothing happened.

Here's some more food for thought: The Mayans didn't predict calamity nor the end of the world. It's the end of a cycle on their calendar called a "Long Count", and it's not supposed to be the last either.

Oh, and earthquakes? Tsunamis? Forget about it. In 1982, a paper was written by Thompson on the Jupiter Effect and what the contributions for the other planets' and the moon's gravity were, which was what was hypothesized would cause the earthquakes during alignment. He set the sun's to 1 and made this list. The gravity of the other planets combined contribute about one ten-thousandth of what the sun does to the tides, and the moon contributes double the sun. I'll even put out a list so that you (hopefully) won't argue with facts:

Moon: 2.1
Sun: 1.00
Venus: 0.000 113
Jupiter: 0.000 013 1
Mars: 0.000 002 3
Mercury: 0.000 000 7
Saturn: 0.000 000 5
Uranus: 0.000 000 001
Neptune: 0.000 000 000 2
Pluto: 0.000 000 000 000 1

This is not to be confused with the book The Jupiter Effect, which was a claim by the authors of the effects on the sun, not Earth.

Also, no correlation has been found between planetary alignments and earthquakes, which supports the data. Of the 11 earthquakes ranking eight or higher on the Ritcher scale since 1000 A.D., a whopping zero had anything to do with planetary alignment.

It's also incorrect to assume that the planets only align for one day. Space is huge, and planets are huge, and in the grand scheme of things move incredibly slow. The planets aren't just going to move into place like magic, nor move away either.

TL;DR: You're fucking wrong.

Sig made by an alpaca.

Amoongus OP
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:14 pm

buckthefuffalo wrote:
iLeo wrote:

Yeah, when someone asks you why something will happen when you bring it up in an argument, it's only sensible to tell them to read and get educated, rather than actually explain yourself. Good call. Maybe you're just parroting the ideas of others, I don't know.

But yeah, it's been confirmed that no planetary alignment will occur in 2012, and that no danger will come either.

Did you know that we had a planetary alignment in the late 1970s? It was calculated and predicted using orbital mechanics all the way back in 1966. It served no danger, and was actually beneficial to us because we were able to send spacecraft to take a tour of the planets and get data on a scale the likes of which has never been replicated. This, however, was for only about half of the planets, but wait, there's more!

In 1982, we had an alignment of all eight planets (Pluto too, but it's not considered a planet now), and guess what happened? Nothing. In 1962, five planets aligned and there was an eclipse of the sun. Nothing happened.

Here's some more food for thought: The Mayans didn't predict calamity nor the end of the world. It's the end of a cycle on their calendar called a "Long Count", and it's not supposed to be the last either.

Oh, and earthquakes? Tsunamis? Forget about it. In 1982, a paper was written by Thompson on the Jupiter Effect and what the contributions for the other planets' and the moon's gravity were, which was what was hypothesized would cause the earthquakes during alignment. He set the sun's to 1 and made this list. The gravity of the other planets combined contribute about one ten-thousandth of what the sun does to the tides, and the moon contributes double the sun. I'll even put out a list so that you (hopefully) won't argue with facts:

Moon: 2.1
Sun: 1.00
Venus: 0.000 113
Jupiter: 0.000 013 1
Mars: 0.000 002 3
Mercury: 0.000 000 7
Saturn: 0.000 000 5
Uranus: 0.000 000 001
Neptune: 0.000 000 000 2
Pluto: 0.000 000 000 000 1

This is not to be confused with the book The Jupiter Effect, which was a claim by the authors of the effects on the sun, not Earth.

Also, no correlation has been found between planetary alignments and earthquakes, which supports the data. Of the 11 earthquakes ranking eight or higher on the Ritcher scale since 1000 A.D., a whopping zero had anything to do with planetary alignment.

It's also incorrect to assume that the planets only align for one day. Space is huge, and planets are huge, and in the grand scheme of things move incredibly slow. The planets aren't just going to move into place like magic, nor move away either.

TL;DR: You're fucking wrong.

I lol'd btw.

Also, to include on this subject.

The Mayan Calendar did not have leap years, which we do have. Factoring all those days, if the calendar were to be true, we would have died MONTHS ago, somewhere around last November iirc.

Also, the Mayans weren't even what people were scared of in 2012. Nostradamus was what the sensible (should it even be used in this topic, I don't know) people believed. He predicted the worlds end to be this December. People were actually scared because he had predicted other catastrophic events down to a tee. Iirc, I believe one of them was 9/11, but don't quote me on that.

Signature's courtesy of Jirachi and Qualna.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0fjvoWcANfq
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocks Leader on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:54 pm

I like Buck's argument. I have nothing particularly crafty to add. And Buck. He isn't parroting. Maybe someone else just inspired him.
Cocks Leader
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:53 am

I would like to add that the world is becoming a shittier place. But I guess that's because humans are just stupid, right? =/

L
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:26 pm

L wrote:I would like to add that the world is becoming a shittier place. But I guess that's because humans are just stupid, right? =/

No, it's because we're doing our natural duty of survival, whether for ourselves or larger populations, and have access to ways that can accomplish that but mess other things up in the process. Humans are the smartest, most advanced beings on the planet, but we're also fallible, so our mistakes can have much greater costs.

There's also the factor that we as a species will never agree 100% with all of our own kind, and since we kinda own the planet, that leads to problems. Because we're ultimately in charge of what happens on Earth, it isn't quite as simple as being stupid or even intolerant.

Sig made by an alpaca.

Amoongus OP
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocks Leader on Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:18 pm

True. However, it is a well known fact that when given something, most humans will screw it up. In this case, we were given a perfect world. Our own imperfections have caused the world to degrade. In turn, we have begun to degrade with it, falling into a constant spiral of cause and effect.
Cocks Leader
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:10 pm

I just feel bad for the people who legitimately believe that some Apocalypse is going to happen, those who sell their cars, and homes and do that sort of thing.
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

View user profile http:// [scroll][img]http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocks Leader on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:55 pm

I should do what the one guy did in Armageddon: Borrow hundreds of thousands of dollars and blow all of it, thinking that the world is going to end anyway. I also feel sad for the people that are taking this seriously.
Cocks Leader
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luck on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:22 pm

lol rob a bank. bomb a police department. If anyone has seen rampage then you'd know what I want to do lol.
Luck
War Veterans
War Veterans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thetimmon on Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:05 pm

actually a teacher at my school has a friend that studied the mayan culture and the teacher said that after 2012 the mayan calender will begin anew just like each year we have to get a new calender until we blow the world up with nuclear warfare (the last part about nuclear warfare was kinda a joke but a bad one)
thetimmon
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:46 am

I took this very seriously....

Like, five years ago.

L
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocks Leader on Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:07 pm

So for all of you dumbasses who ACTUALLY believe this, I'm going to go ahead and schedule a movie night for "2012" on either
a.) The night of December 20, 2012
b.) The night of December 21, 2012
or
c.) The night of December 31, 2012
Cocks Leader
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear on Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:31 pm

I don't think anyone believes this seriously, at least that's on here...
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

View user profile http:// [scroll][img]http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocks Leader on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:19 am

The poster obviously did...
Cocks Leader
Dream
Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content