Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 50 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:00 pm
Latest topics
» I am the best waifu.
Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

» y helo, it is i, tito
Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:51 pm by Luck

» Hello It's Me
Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:50 pm by Luck

» The Missing Constellation
Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:07 am by Frashu

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15553 messages in 1329 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!

How To Not Be a Shit-Head: A List of Opinions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How To Not Be a Shit-Head: A List of Opinions

Post by buckthefuffalo on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:52 pm

After being bored last night, I came up with this idea and decided to write it up. It isn't directed at anyone in particular, so bear that in mind. If you conflict with one of the following traits, there's a chance you may be a shit-head. Don't be a shit-head. If you already are, it isn't too late. With the help of this list you might, just maybe, NOT be a shit-head.

This mostly has to do with things relating to the internet and/or bringing such things to real life, particularly internet discussions, as a list for all things in real life would be far too long. It is no way official.

In no particular order:

1. Know the Material Before You Take a Stance

Shit-heads like to fancy themselves experts on subjects they know nothing about. Combine that with the fact that arguments are constantly coming up on the Internet, and you've got a load of misinformation and flawed "knowledge". If you do get into some argument or debate over the internet, you'd better know what you're talking about. If you don't, you'll look like a massive shit-head to those who do. If you don't know enough on a subject to have a serious discussion on it, don't take part in one or challenge the knowledge of others who do. If you want to, read up on the subject or have some sort of significant experience with it, and then your thoughts will become more plausible since you'll have knowledge and facts to back it up, and you'll look like much less of a shit-head even if your stance isn't necessarily "right".

That's not to say you should make up facts or take knowledge from awful resources, however. That makes you look like even more of a shit-head.

For example, many discussions on the Pokemon meta involve this. If you don't know what you're talking about and bring up false points on a certain Pokemon/moveset while being adamant about your claims, people will prove you wrong and make you look like a shit-head. If you don't know enough about that particular subject to have a valid point, you've got no reason to discuss it. If you want to use the Pokemon/moveset, that's fine, but don't pass off lies or misinformation as truth. Again, just an example.

Speaking of which....

2. Don't Force Others To Accept Your Ideas

Self-explanatory. Now you may be thinking, "But Buck! Making this thread is doing just that!", but guess what, shit-head? The title clearly states this is a list of opinions. I recognize it isn't fact. Not to mention, you're not being forced to read it. If you don't agree with it, fine. It's entirely subjective. I'll still think you're a shit-head if you act like one according to this list, but I'm not going to make everyone decide if someone is a shit-head or not only by this list.

The same goes for other subjective matters. If someone doesn't accept your thoughts, you shouldn't get rectum-ravaged over it. You can still give a good argument to show why your stance is "right", but if someone is saying they don't want to argue over it, respect your ideas but still hold their own, present their ideas and evidence to support it when you're obviously the one being a shit-head (usually due to some other reason in the list), or something similar, going on repeating or trying to "win" your argument will only serve to make you look like a gigantic shit-head. You don't have to accept or even tolerate their ideas, but trying to argue where there is no argument is a high caliber act of shit-headdery.

It should be noted however, that if you're losing an argument and use the "I don't want to argue anymore" cop-out, you look like an even bigger shit-head. No one is convinced you've suddenly had a change of heart mid-argument and are now completely pacifist, but people do now realize you can't take it when someone can backup their thoughts on why you are wrong. This usually can only apply if you've already initiated an argument, debate, or the like.

If someone who isn't a shit-head is giving their argument, it is also important to avoid looking like a shit-head by not completely denying the other side without some sort of counter-argument.

Example:

X (Not a shit-head): Mass Effect 3 had a bad ending.
Y: No it didn't. I'm right, you're wrong, deal with it.

What a mook. Not only did he not give any reasons supporting his claim, he also thought Mass Effect 3 had a good ending. That's like, double the shit-head-ness.

Spoiler:
For those of you who were actually going to take that contradiction seriously, I'm sorry, but you've failed the not-a-shit-head test.

3. Don't Attention-Whore/Don't Be A White-Knight

Attention-whoring is the act of drawing attention to yourself so the conversation can revolve around you or give you some other kind of attention. It is typically done by females who love to point out how they both have some sort of male-oriented hobby or behavior (such as playing video games, watching anime, or just spending lots of time online) and have a vagina, as if it's a disorder that prevents them from doing such things and that they should be praised for it. Some people (usually males) will encourage such behavior and give them the impression that they are a special snowflake who must only be treated with the utmost praise. This can lead to the female going on about drama in her life and such as she craves more and more attention. It's especially important to note the behavior of an attention-whore if one of her lackeys doesn't respond to her methods, as it will then become much more obvious that they are an attention-whore as they throw all subtlety out the window.

Don't pay attention to an attention-whore if you spot one, and don't become a "white knight", or one who will defend the attention-whore to the death or practically worship her. You will only end up looking like as much of a shit-head as the attention-whore herself.

However, it's important to know that a girl can have such hobbies and even talk about them without being an attention whore. As long as they don't keep bringing their gender into it (since it serves absolutely no purpose when talking about such things, unless you have some weird thing for yuri anime and keep recommending it to some chick or something) or keep trying to make the conversation about them, they're probably fine.

4. Learn To Read

If you don't even fully read the reasoning of someone else, you'll only manage to look like a shit-head when trying to provide a counter-argument or your own reasoning. If it leads to someone having to restate their case just so you can read it again because you skipped over something earlier out of laziness, you've already managed to make yourself look like a Defcon-1 shit-head. Even most shit-heads can read and analyze something, but if you can't even do the first step, you just might be a candidate for President Shit-Head.

Here's an example:

X[Upstanding citizen, not a shit-head, probably has a successful future]: [Argument that makes sense when read fully]
Y[Neanderthal, shit-head, might pass high-school if he/she is lucky]: Hurr I didn't read that part lol

A tear-jerker, to say the least.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's the list. Hopefully now you will be more able to spot shit-heads. If you are one according to the list, maybe you'll realize how to not be a shit-head.

Feel free to discuss.

_________________


Sig made by an alpaca.

Amoongus OP
avatar
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Posts : 930
Join date : 2011-03-25
Age : 21
Location : I'm sexier than Aizen.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How To Not Be a Shit-Head: A List of Opinions

Post by Cocks Leader on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:21 pm

I agree with all of this. You might want to add on there:

5. Correct Yourself

X to Y

X: I dnot no y no1 likse my tpying.

Y: Maybe because you should use fucking spell check.



6. Don't String Out Jokes

X: So this lady who was a virgin was afraid to marry a lawyer.

Y: Why?

X: Because she knew she was going to get screwed!

Y: Ahahaha! You know, that's funny. I wanted to be a lawyer. My cat was a lawyer. I know a lot of virgins. Let's talk about virginity. I am a Christian. The cross is an interesting shape. Shapes are fun. I hated Geometry. My teacher was a dick. Dicks are ugly. I like vaginas. Are you gay? I know a lot of gay jokes. They're funny because guys fuck.
avatar
Cocks Leader
Dream
Dream

Posts : 2087
Join date : 2010-09-26
Age : 21
Location : Central Cali Bitchez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How To Not Be a Shit-Head: A List of Opinions

Post by Evan on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:44 pm

On that last one Korasi, make sure to mention the fact that shit-heads won't make the follow up interesting, and the conversation becomes silent and awkward. However, if you use the joke as a starting point and drag it on because you think it'll keep the person talking to you, you are most likely a shit-head.

_________________




Signature's courtesy of Jirachi and Qualna.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0fjvoWcANfq
avatar
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Posts : 1457
Join date : 2010-09-19
Age : 22
Location : South Cali Bitchez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How To Not Be a Shit-Head: A List of Opinions

Post by Cocks Leader on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:02 am

Evan wrote:On that last one Korasi, make sure to mention the fact that shit-heads won't make the follow up interesting, and the conversation becomes silent and awkward. However, if you use the joke as a starting point and drag it on because you think it'll keep the person talking to you, you are most likely a shit-head.

Lol. So true. And a no-lifer.
avatar
Cocks Leader
Dream
Dream

Posts : 2087
Join date : 2010-09-26
Age : 21
Location : Central Cali Bitchez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How To Not Be a Shit-Head: A List of Opinions

Post by Lynjabear on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:38 am

Even with all the curse words, Buck, I found the topic very funny. Until I got to the last part.

Do I qualify as an "Attention Wh-re?" (I actually know what that is thanks to you guys)

I mean, I play pokemon and I'm female, but I'm not sure if I brought drama into this D:
avatar
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Posts : 1131
Join date : 2011-02-28
Age : 19
Location : Imaginationland

View user profile http:// [scroll][img]http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Re: How To Not Be a Shit-Head: A List of Opinions

Post by WINTERFRESH on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:24 pm

Lynjabear wrote:Even with all the curse words, Buck, I found the topic very funny. Until I got to the last part.

Do I qualify as an "Attention Wh-re?" (I actually know what that is thanks to you guys)

I mean, I play pokemon and I'm female, but I'm not sure if I brought drama into this D:

Not really. The girls on this site that are attention whores are really annoying and usually focus only on themselves, where you do not.

Attention whore girls say stuff like this:

"Guys did you know I'm a girl? That means I have boobs"
"Omg guys my poetry is going to get published I shouldn't be sharing it, but I will anyways"
"Omg why do guys always look at me lolololol"

Annnd two of those quotes are quotes from a girl member here who's really cocky about her poetry.

So yeah Lyn, don't worry you aren't an attention whore :3


Last edited by WINTERFRESH on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
WINTERFRESH
Dream
Dream

Posts : 274
Join date : 2011-01-10
Age : 21
Location : League of legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How To Not Be a Shit-Head: A List of Opinions

Post by Lynjabear on Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:47 pm

She isn't an attention wh-re. She seems wicked nice D:
avatar
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Posts : 1131
Join date : 2011-02-28
Age : 19
Location : Imaginationland

View user profile http:// [scroll][img]http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Re: How To Not Be a Shit-Head: A List of Opinions

Post by buckthefuffalo on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:16 pm

WINTERFRESH wrote:
Lynjabear wrote:Even with all the curse words, Buck, I found the topic very funny. Until I got to the last part.

Do I qualify as an "Attention Wh-re?" (I actually know what that is thanks to you guys)

I mean, I play pokemon and I'm female, but I'm not sure if I brought drama into this D:

Not really. The girls on this site that are attention whores are really annoying and usually focus only on themselves, where you do not.

Attention whore girls say stuff like this:

"Guys did you know I'm a girl? That means I have boobs"
"Omg guys my poetry is going to get published I shouldn't be sharing it, but I will anyways"
"Omg why do guys always look at me lolololol"

Annnd two of those quotes are quotes from a girl member here who's really cocky about her poetry.

So yeah Lyn, don't worry you aren't an attention whore :3

I'd appreciate it if we didn't name names.

Edit pl0x?


Last edited by buckthefuffalo on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


Sig made by an alpaca.

Amoongus OP
avatar
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Posts : 930
Join date : 2011-03-25
Age : 21
Location : I'm sexier than Aizen.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How To Not Be a Shit-Head: A List of Opinions

Post by Cocks Leader on Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:27 pm

WINTERFRESH wrote:
Lynjabear wrote:Even with all the curse words, Buck, I found the topic very funny. Until I got to the last part.

Do I qualify as an "Attention Wh-re?" (I actually know what that is thanks to you guys)

I mean, I play pokemon and I'm female, but I'm not sure if I brought drama into this D:

Not really. The girls on this site that are attention whores are really annoying and usually focus only on themselves, where you do not.

Attention whore girls say stuff like this:

"Guys did you know I'm a girl? That means I have boobs"
"Omg guys my poetry is going to get published I shouldn't be sharing it, but I will anyways"
"Omg why do guys always look at me lolololol"

Annnd two of those quotes are quotes from a girl member here who's really cocky about her poetry.

So yeah Lyn, don't worry you aren't an attention whore :3

Winter, that was a little uncalled for. Now as true as it very well may be (I wouldn't know, I have no right to judge), you have no right to publicize a slanderous opinion.
avatar
Cocks Leader
Dream
Dream

Posts : 2087
Join date : 2010-09-26
Age : 21
Location : Central Cali Bitchez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How To Not Be a Shit-Head: A List of Opinions

Post by Frashu on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:24 pm

It seems like someone got Buck into a bad mood.

I honestly try to avoid such things.

I most COMMONLY see this on many big community Forum such as Serebii and all.

_________________



saggot toss anchuro


Frashu's theme: http://vocaroo.com/i/s08FyHGN0e83

copyright gary saulman
avatar
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2010-09-13
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How To Not Be a Shit-Head: A List of Opinions

Post by buckthefuffalo on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:41 pm

Flash wrote:It seems like someone got Buck into a bad mood.

I honestly try to avoid such things.

I most COMMONLY see this on many big community Forum such as Serebii and all.

Nah, this wasn't aimed at anyone. I just don't want it to be an issue here and thought it would be fun to write.

But yeah, the bigger communities do have a lot of it. I'm guessing that's because of the average age of the user on places like Serebii, and the fact that most people don't really know how to form an argument.

_________________


Sig made by an alpaca.

Amoongus OP
avatar
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Posts : 930
Join date : 2011-03-25
Age : 21
Location : I'm sexier than Aizen.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How To Not Be a Shit-Head: A List of Opinions

Post by Cocks Leader on Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:57 pm

I still think that this belongs in books. Even if you did delete the other post that I made. XD
avatar
Cocks Leader
Dream
Dream

Posts : 2087
Join date : 2010-09-26
Age : 21
Location : Central Cali Bitchez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How To Not Be a Shit-Head: A List of Opinions

Post by WINTERFRESH on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:45 pm

Korasi wrote:
WINTERFRESH wrote:
Lynjabear wrote:Even with all the curse words, Buck, I found the topic very funny. Until I got to the last part.

Do I qualify as an "Attention Wh-re?" (I actually know what that is thanks to you guys)

I mean, I play pokemon and I'm female, but I'm not sure if I brought drama into this D:

Not really. The girls on this site that are attention whores are really annoying and usually focus only on themselves, where you do not.

Attention whore girls say stuff like this:

"Guys did you know I'm a girl? That means I have boobs"
"Omg guys my poetry is going to get published I shouldn't be sharing it, but I will anyways"
"Omg why do guys always look at me lolololol"

Annnd two of those quotes are quotes from a girl member here who's really cocky about her poetry.

So yeah Lyn, don't worry you aren't an attention whore :3

Winter, that was a little uncalled for. Now as true as it very well may be (I wouldn't know, I have no right to judge), you have no right to publicize a slanderous opinion.

Bit plz i dedend evn sai da nme. beside u say badd thing bout ppl al da tiem.
avatar
WINTERFRESH
Dream
Dream

Posts : 274
Join date : 2011-01-10
Age : 21
Location : League of legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How To Not Be a Shit-Head: A List of Opinions

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum