Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 50 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:00 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15557 messages in 1329 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!

The Missing Constellation

Page 39 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Go down

Re: The Missing Constellation

Post by L on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:33 am

And where the fuck am I at? Did my robot like, kill me?

I miss Awakening....  He made this for me.  ^  Sad
L
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:51 pm

you got murdered by a false god you numbnuts

"Isa, it might be wise of you to use your special ability soon. We may be a tad outmatched, as it seems. Perhaps it would turn the tables?"

Move to cover and fire rounds.

Signature's courtesy of Jirachi and Qualna.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0fjvoWcANfq
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:01 pm

Resh ignoring the fact that there's a fucking discussion topic for this. #GGnowonderhediedhecantevenlistentothesimplestinstructionsevenwhentheyrerepeatedlikeathousandtimesjesuschrist

Riley:

You take cover and prepare to fire several rounds, but Isabella gently moves your gun away signaling you not to fire. She retrieves her harp and strums a melody from it. The ground begins to shake and split in front of you, as an abstract, crystalline tree emerges from below and rapidly grows about, expanding its branches and roots throughout the factory and the crown towers above the skylight. Malachai is knocked down to the ground by the roots and is entangled beyond mobility. From a single branch a mysterious fruit sprouts in a technicolor visage. It drops off and Isabella catches it, she then proceeds to hand it to you.

>

War Veterans

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/acheronpride

Back to top Go down

Post by L on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:21 pm

I got killed by a monster then brought back to life as an evil dude. Evil Vahn was cool, where'd that guy go?

I DO NOT LISTEN TO INSTRUCTIONS. Plus I don't know where the topic is. c:

I miss Awakening....  He made this for me.  ^  Sad
L
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:10 pm

Inspect the fruit, and take in all of the details.

Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna on Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:51 pm

Riley:

You take a closer look at the fine fruit, taking in all of its curves and dimensions. Truly this is a fine fruit, but you wouldn’t be going the full mile if you aren’t inspecting this fruit with the standard college try. You squint your eyes a bit and stroke your chin as you turn the fruit, making a rough estimate of its circumference. At this rate Isabella is staring at you with a blank expression, but that’s okay, the ol’ gal can wait as you try to figure this fruit out. Surely it isn’t an apple. No, the shape doesn’t quite match. Certainly isn’t a peach; the texture isn’t there. You set the fruit down on a stand and take a moment to re-establish your priorities. You retrieve your saxophone and begin examining that now. It surely is quite an amazing instrument, a classy one for its time. You polish it will a handkerchief and notice something missing. Ah yes, it appears you’ve misplaced your reed. The sheer irony, to lose one’s reed. You must address this issue at once, as you turn to Isabella, Malachai, and Ivan who is still in this room, to be excused. They say “of course” and you are on your way out of the building and into the nearby local marketplace. You take a gander and see a man who replaces parts for instruments and you approach the man and ask him if he has any spare reeds. He says “No, but I’ll craft you one if you tell me a story.” So you proceed to spend the next several hours reciting Homer’s Odyssey in verbatim to its entirety. How you have the entire epic memorized by heart is a marvel for modern science, and impressed by your feat the man agrees to craft your reed. You are quite displeased by the fact that the entire time you were regaling this man with your tale that he could have been crafting your reed. Nevertheless you don’t hold it against him because that’s just how classy you are. The fresh spring air inspires you to take some time off to enjoy a hobby you wanted to do for quite a while. You take a long stroll through the countryside where there is a public outing and you indulge yourself in a fine game of golf. With a precise swing you are able to make it to the green in one shot, and on the way over there you share a laugh with the caddy while in the golf cart as he tells you of his marital antics. You finish up your game and head back into town where there is now a festival. You participate in the local custom and join in the great banquet, as the mayor’s daughter shoots you a wink from across the table. You tour the town and even end up resolving an age old dispute between the town’s two factions and learn the true meaning of Christmas. You then take a look at your watch and finally head back to the factory. As you arrive at the entrance you see the door ajar with Ivan and Isabella standing by a water cooler and talking.
I swear, if I don’t get picked for the lead role in the next bloody play, I’ll tell that wanker of a manager that he’s done!” Isabella tells Ivan, in a very disgruntled manner.
Aye yo dawg. I told that nigga that if he ain’t gonna step up his game, I’mma be OUT. PEACE.” Ivan responds.
Zounds! It appears you have caught your cohorts speaking out of character on their coffee break! The director certainly won’t like this. They both turn to you for a second. “Oh shit! He’s back!” Isabella shrieks. “Places! Places, all of you!
Ivan picks up his script and shuffles through the page. “Yo, where we at again?
You inform Ivan that he doesn’t arrive until page 78, Act 9 Scene 4. This is why you don’t work with amateurs. You take your place back into battle and pick up the fruit once again. A spark of genius begins to shine through. Could it be? Have you finally figured out what the deal is with this fruit? Perhaps… Yes… Yes indeed! Eureka! You have come to your conclusion! Bravo! Huzzah! Well done, and all that jazz! You finally know what this fruit is all about!

“This looks like a fucking plum,” You think to yourself.

War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:36 pm

ty bby

Question the constitution of the plum, while taking a bite. He chews thoroughly as he questions how 'plum' this plum is.

Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna on Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:53 pm

Riley:

You take a solid bite out of the plum. "It is quite plum indeed," you think to yourself. "It is quite ripe and juicy," you remark. "Compliments to the chef," you express humorously, as the plum was not in any way cooked or prepared for culinary purposes. You begin to feel a little glow, as your aura shines somewhat visibly from the first bite. You take another, and another until you finish the entire plum. Your senses become extremely heightened and you feel magical properties coursing through your body. You proceed to channel the energy to your tommy gun to finish off your mechanical foe, but he is no longer there. Malachai has escaped.

"Way to go, asshole," Ivan calls out in the distance.

>Question where Malachai went.
>Shoot Ivan for his insolence

War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:52 pm

Question where Malachi went.

Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:03 pm

Riley:

"He left while you were inspecting the fruit," Isabella responds. "I believe he was heading to the basement floor."

"Something about this place feels familiar," Ivan adds in.

(Though the battle technically concluded, since Malachai escaped you will not obtain spoils even if you were to finish him off upon catching up.)
>

War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:28 pm

Reload, and then follow Malachai.

Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna on Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:41 pm

Riley:

You follow down the descending corridor and pursue the mechanical assailant. At the very end of the dim hallway you see Malachai trying to force his way into a large door, but to no avail. He detects you and begins reaching for his weapon.

>Try to talk to him
>Hasta la vista. (Blast him into the great factory in the sky)

War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan on Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Try to talk to him, weapons primed.

Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:30 pm

Riley:

He doesn't seem to be interested in talking, and begins diverting the remaining energy into his gun.

>

War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan on Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:35 pm

Hasta La Vista (the action, shoot the fucker).

Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:33 pm

Riley:

You fire off several enchanted rounds at Malachai, effectively shattering him into pieces as all that remains are various chips, metal shards, and wires. Ivan looks over the decimated scrap pile and picks up a circuit board. "Damn... what was in that plum?"" Ivan remarks, still going through the metal pile. "Hmm... he's not completely obliterated... I think I can salvage him... rebuild him for our own use. What was he trying to do down here, though? I wonder." Ivan examines the large door, feeling across the surface until he comes across a slotted device. Ivan peers through and steps back to place his hand. An automated voice rings up, "Identity confirmed. Welcome, family Astherur." The double doors open to reveal a large, dark workshop full of tools, cables, and metal. "I guess that makes it easier..."

"You may want to take a look at this," Isabella points out to a contraption at the end on the wall. Intertwined wires are bound to a machinated seat. various pneumatic pumps push and operate and cables restrain it still. Upon the seat, is what appears to be a man... however he is ravaged by age and his eyes are shut.

"Urgh,,, I... sense... someone there? Do not... bother... speaking... for I have been rendered unable to see or hear in my current state. I... am Leonid... Astherur... grand inventor of the electrical age. Upon my desk... there is my journal... and you will find in detail all of my exploits up until the time I tried to salvage my life with this machine. Take it... learn from it... and do not repeat my mistake..."

>

War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:40 pm

Go to his journal.

Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna on Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:20 pm

Riley:

You retrieve the journal from the workbench and flip through the pages. Most of the pages are worn out beyond legibility, however you are able to find several significant clippings. You spread the pages across the desk in order of sequence so to let Ivan and Isabella read them as well.

Entry 226:

Gerard, you fool. Why couldn't you have seen things my way? Our advancements could have revolutionized the world! But no... instead you steal the foundation of my work to build your... steam powered works, and outdated energy source for an ever-growing industry. You claim my lightning-endowed source of electricity is too dangerous, yet I have told you time and time again that it could be controlled constructively. You have the nerve to call yourself the superior mind and make your inventing about profit. Fool! You have forgotten that we started our work for the betterment of the people! I shall not waste another breath on your lost cause, for today shall be the first step towards the rise of my legacy.

Entry 278:

I ponder in my dwellings for an invention that will take the world by storm. One that will never be outdated, one that will always evolve to its own time, But how is one to create such a thing? For something to interact as such, one must be... living. There were many before me who spoke of creating an artificial man, one who walks among the living yet has no beating heart. Yes... they spoke of this automation yet have not succeeded in creating one that imitates human life. A mechanical being of sentience... that shall be my goal.

Entry 293:

Today my son has come to me with news that his wife has given birth to a son who he has named Ivan. Has it really been so long now? Have I secluded myself away and locked myself in my own aspirations that I had not realized my age? My son tells me that I should just retire and enjoy the rest of my life in leisure, but alas I have come too far now.

Entry: 301:

I have done it! After revising my formula once again I have created a mechanical body that can function and sustain itself! Now all that's left to do is to create a device that can allow it to perceive thought and emotion, and the world shall know of my brilliance. It has been so long since I last slept, and I shall turn in for the night, content with my progress.

Entry 302:

What madness is this?! I return to my laboratory, only to see it in absolute ruin! My machines wrecked, workbench ruined, and yet in this chaos I find nothing missing, nothing other than my formulas and designs for my automaton creation. I hear people cheering outside, and I leave my destroyed office to see a crowd gathered around none other than Gerard Thorley himself. I should have known. The man I once was able to call my friend has once again stolen my work, and is presenting to the world my creation with his name. He shows off simple movements of the machine and promises it to be an obedient slave for every household, and I can only watch in disgust. The invention itself was not even completed, yet the masses don't even care, for they do not know. Gerard christens "his" machine with the name SOLARA, and the presses begin to crown him the greatest inventor of all time. I nearly feel my own heart shatter.

Entry 310:

A strange group arrived to town today calling themselves "The Inquisitors," they claim that technology shall be the downfall of man and claim death to anyone that follows in the path of it. They spread their propaganda to the people and captivate them with their words. My son is even brainwashed by them into joining them. This has been a dark week for me.

Entry 325:

Today Gerard Thorley was seen hanging from a rope in front of his own laboratory. It had been set on fire and the Inquisitors were seen in front of it as they gave their warning to all those that had used his machines. They then promised the death of every tinkerer in the town and vanished. I fear for my own life, so I retreated to my own destroyed lab and entered my underground room via the mechanical lift. Here, I planned on spending the rest of my days, working in silence in hopes that one day I would still be remembered.

Entry 326:

My son appears in my lab, mortally wounded clutching his side and bleeding. He tells me that the Inquisitors were looking for me and that he would not reveal my location. Moments after he collapses on my floor, dead. My age, my work, and now my son have all been taken from me. Why could I not save him? He had so much to look forward to, and now he's gone. You could have told them where I was and saved yourself, my son. I would have understood. Who will look after your wife and child now?

Entry 327:

After mourning the loss of my son, I pick up my tools once again and continue what I had started... he would have died in vain if I had not.

Entry 328:

My designs may have been lost, but I had not forgotten my work. I successfully re-create the mechanical body with ease. I shall rest for now, and continue later.

Entry 329:

I have now created a device that allows the machine to speak and respond when spoken to. My efficiency has been significantly improved.

Entry 330:

My machine can now adapt. It has learned how to think and process the environment around it. I am getting closer now.

Entry 331:

I tried something today that may be considered taboo in the field of science. I have tampered with human life, creating a series of wires that extract information through its wires. The subject... the corpse of my son. With it, I was able to extract his memories in which I planned on putting into my machine. My son... you will return to me soon.

Entry 332:

No. I could not bring myself to put the memories of my own son into my creation. Instead, I decided to take out my anger upon those that had ruined me. I begin creating designs for weapons.

Entry 333:

I set aside my son's memories into a mechanical chip and stored it away below this desk. When I have finished exacting my revenge, I will remove the weapons protocol from the machine and override it with his memories.

Entry 334:

I sent my machine into the world and watched it slay all those in sight. The Inquisitors appear to stop it, but they are overpowered by my machine's arsenal and are sent into retreat.

Entry 335:

I call my machine to me so that I may disable its aggression, however it refuses, It has learned to adapt and think and it is aware of my intentions. My machine threatens to kill me if I get any closer to it, and it flees, lost forever. What have I done now? Have I put my own curse upon all of humanity? This is not how I wanted it to all end. I feel my body beginning to slowly fail me, and the cold whisper of death approaching.

Entry 336:

This might be my final entry, for after I write this, I will bind myself to my last creation in hopes that it will sustain my life. If it fails, I shall die, and if it succeeds then I shall live. To whoever may find this please spread my message. Do not let the machines own you. Do not make the mistakes that I have made. Do not put your work ahead of yourself and those you care about. And to my son... I wanted you to know that you were my greatest invention. I am sorry... Malachai.

The man on the wall begins to speak again. "If there is... someone there... Please... cut me free from these wires... I may have lived... but my body still deteriorated. End my suffering... and tell my next of kin... I'm sorry."

Ivan hides his eyes in the shadow of his hair. "Riley. Give me your knife."

>"Do what you have to." Hand him the knife
>"Are you sure there isn't any way we can save him?"

War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:34 pm

Hand the knife.

Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna on Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:17 pm

Riley:

Ivan cuts the wires binding Leonid, as his long lost grandfather drops to the floor, completely motionless.
"And now what to do with him," Ivan turns to the shattered remains of Malachai. "I could rebuild him, and we could use his weapons expertise to help us in our endeavors. All I have to do is put him back together, reboot his weapons protocol, and reprogram his loyalty chip. Of course this means we're giving up restoring his memories so he can be use to us in combat."
"But Ivan, he's your father. Don't you wish you could reconnect with him? All those years we grew up in that orphanage... didn't you ever wish you could see him again?" Isabella responds, a despondent tone in her voice.
"He's only a replica. Besides, I don't need a father right now, and it isn't about what I need. What we need is a guardian. Something that gives us an edge against the people that want us dead. Give me some time. I can fix him."
"..."
"Look. If you're that concerned then, I'll leave Riley to have the deciding vote. After all, he's the one that brought us here."

>"Ivan's right. We need Malachai as a weapon."
>"We'll be fine without him. You should restore his memories."

War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan on Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:58 pm

Ivan's right, we do need him as a weapon. Regardless, he was an Inquisitor. We don't know what kind of affiliation he harbors. It's safer this way.

Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna on Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:58 pm

Riley:

+5 Affinity gained with Ivan
-3 Affinity lost with Isabella

"Glad you agree. Just wait outside the room while I work on this. No offense to either of you, I just rather work without people watching me."

You leave the room where you are left alone with Isabella. It looks like Ivan will be working on Malachai for quite some time. It may be an opportune time to learn more about your cohorts.

>"So... what is the whole deal with Ivan and machines, anyway?" (Ask about Ivan)
>"Mind if I ask you something?" (Ask about Isabella)
>"You look rather nice today." (Flirt)

>

War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan on Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:09 pm

Mind if I ask you something? Why'd you want to reincarnate Malachai? Not that I disapprove, I'm just curious.

Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Qualna on Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:46 am

Riley:

"It's just that... it's never been easy for Ivan growing up. He never really got along with others because people always picked on him. He always locked himself away and never really talked to anyone. I figured it would be nice for him to have someone that cared for him. But I guess it doesn't matter to him either way."

>"What about you? What was it like growing up for you?"
>Ask something else

War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan on Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:56 am

What about you?

Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Permissions in this forum: